Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Mommy Misadventures: The day I had on mismatched shoes..

I’m definitely not a morning person and never have been.  Before baby I loved being able to sleep in on the weekends.  Of course now that is ancient history.  No matter what day of the week it is I’m usually up by seven. 

Due to my distaste of getting up early in the mornings, I tend to be rushing around each day trying to get myself out the door looking halfway put together for work. 
For Anderson’s one year Doctor checkup it was a typical morning rush to get dressed and out of the house.  We had scheduled an early morning appointment so both JC and I could accompany Miss A for her milestone visit.  Doctor visits are never quick, so it takes some real effort to keep a one year old occupied for 30 minutes or more, wearing only her diaper, in a cramped room. 

Since her milestone birthday Miss A had been working to meet her next big achievement, walking.  To pass time in the room, we walked back and forth across the room, over and over.
During one of our trips across the floor, I looked down and realized I had on shoes that did not match! 

“Seriously, I have on two pairs of shoes!”  I told JC.  His response, of course, was laughter.
In that situation, that was the best thing to do.  I know for a fact I’m not the only mother that has accidentally walked out of the house with two different, but very similar, shoes on.  In some way it could even be considered a rite of passage for working mommy’s.

During the appointment I kept my shoes tucked underneath the chair when possible, and quickly drove home to find the right match for my shoe before heading to work. 
The moral of the story is: laughter is the best medicine.  Sometimes life has its way of throwing a curve ball at you, but it’s best to just laugh it off (when it's not too serious), take care of what you need to and move on.  Life is too short to dwell on the small stuff.  In this instance, a mismatched pair of shoes is not really that serious.

Also, I need to get up earlier and give myself more time to get ready in the morning (or buy new shoes that don’t look similar).

No comments:

Post a Comment