Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Preparing for Memories in Mexico

After months of dreaming about walking through soft sand and relaxing by the pool, we decided to take the plunge and book a trip to Mexico.  Cozumel, Mexico to be exact.  It is a small island just off the coast of the Rivera Maya area in Mexico, which is an area we have enjoyed visiting.  This will be our fourth time to Mexico, but our toddlers first time traveling abroad. 

So far, when we've shared our vacation plans many people are surprised to learn that no, we are not leaving Anderson behind.  

A couple Saturday’s ago we stood in line behind two families slowly going through the process of getting their own passports.  On that particular morning, we may have been slightly regretting the decision to take on a trip to another country.

Miss A was wonderful, being a lot more patient than I was (but those who know me well know that being patient is something I struggle with on a daily basis).  When it was finally Anderson’s turn to get her passport she was not happy with getting her picture taken.  She screamed, and did not want to cooperate.  Finally we got a picture decent enough to pass off as her semi-happy look for the passport requirement.

Despite the passport drama, and likely many more meltdowns during our beach vacation, I couldn't be more excited to grab the sunscreen, swimmies and head across the border with our toddler. 

Anderson on her first beach vacation this summer.
 Traveling is something JC and I love doing.  It is probably my favorite hobby, and where some of my most cherished memories and experiences have been created.  With that in mind, I want to create wonderful travel memories with my favorite little girl.

An article I read recently sums it up pretty well: “The older the children get, the more you realize how precious time is.  Take as many family vacations as possible.  They make lasting memories of real quality time spent together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment